1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly.
We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (see sections 6 and 7).
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology such a browser cookies that passively collect information); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you create an account or make an order on the website).
3. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
3.1 We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. If such a means is not provided, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (e.g. to order a product).
4. How we use your information
4.1 We might use your information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies;
(2) place your anonymized information into audience segments to identify your interests so that we might serve you with advertizements and offers that will interest you;
(3) ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered;
(4) contact you by email, mail, telephone or sms text message to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us;
(5) ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots.
4.2 If you have subscribed to any of or services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details by accessing your account pages on the website.
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com. There will be an administrative charge of $10 for providing a copy of this information.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertizements to you on our and other websites.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view.
(3) Third-party advertizing and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertizers who are advertizing on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertizement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertizer to count how many people have seen their advertizement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertizer to tailor advertizing to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organizations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or adversely affect the way in which it operates.
8.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
8.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
9. Disclosing your information
9.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
9.2 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
10. Where we store your personal information
10.1 The personal information that we collect from you is stored on our servers, which may or may not be located in the United States.
11. Changes to this Policy
11.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
12. If you don't feel we're adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
12.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
This Policy was last updated on 2/6/21.